When my Grandpa Gillespie passed away I found an old typewriter in his office that no one wanted. It, along with an old copy of Silas Marner were the only two things I had from my Grandpa.
As you can see from these pictures the fire in December basically destroyed the typewriter. But with the support of a good roommate, a lot of rust remover, and blessings from above the typewriter has been saved.
Did I mention that I am so blessed!
6 comments:
Anonymous
said...
That is AMAZING. Love it. How nice to have that back--family history treasures are so wonderful and important.
Wow that is so cool. I remember seeing that in the fire and commenting about how sad to loose the type writer. Grandpa would be so proud!! Way to go that is really cool -
How wonderful that you were able to save it! Is that the typewriter that he bought on his mission--the one with an umlaut O where the semi colon is supposed to be? If so it's the one I learned to type on. IT sure looks good now!
6 comments:
That is AMAZING. Love it. How nice to have that back--family history treasures are so wonderful and important.
So glad you were able to save it. I'm sure it was a lot(a LOT)of work. It looks awesome ;)
That is AMAZING!! Wow!
Wow that is so cool. I remember seeing that in the fire and commenting about how sad to loose the type writer. Grandpa would be so proud!! Way to go that is really cool -
How wonderful that you were able to save it! Is that the typewriter that he bought on his mission--the one with an umlaut O where the semi colon is supposed to be? If so it's the one I learned to type on. IT sure looks good now!
What a tender mercy!
Post a Comment