Saturday, April 3, 2010

General Conference and the 72 Hour Kit


For several years now I have considered the idea of cleaning out my 72 hour kit on the weekend of General Conference. If I did it every conference the food could be eaten before it went bad and would be replaced every six months.
I have always thought this was a great idea and if I had kids they could eat the food as a treat during conference. Needless to say I have not cleaned out my 72 hour kit in years and so everything had expired.
I did begin this new tradition today by cleaning out my 72 hour kit on conference weekend. I hope to maintain this routine come October. Let's face it, this is just my way of reminding myself.

1 comment:

Diana said...

Conference is actually a good reminder. I started doing that a year ago (so I've been successful at it twice thus far), and we've eaten through one of our 72-hour kits this week, but not the other, and I still haven't gone shopping to replace the stuff. This was a good reminder to get on it, and not to lose the habit, because I think it's important. Good luck.