Thursday, November 28, 2013

November 20th at the Farm, in the Caves, and Saying Goodbye

 We stayed in a place in Hana known as Josie's Hideaway. She has a huge farm in Maui that we toured and enjoyed some fruit in.
 Banana trees and Kiwi trees. There were also several fruits I have never heard of. Some of them were great and others not so much!


 After the farm we went to the Waianapanapa Caves and jumped in. It was fresh water, but very cold. 
 We walked down to the black sand beach which was a beautiful beach to end the trip on.


 There were caves at the black sand beach that we explored as well.
 As we headed back to the airport we did a stop at the lower falls on the Pipiwai Trail. It was a short and beautiful walk.

 Mandy gave Dave a Lei as we headed out so that he could claim he got "leid" in Hawaii.
 Ilene was a great new friend I made on this trip, I was carrying paper towel around in the car the whole trip, but some how it made it all the way to the airport. Hopefully someone in the Maui Airport used it (that is where I left it).
 We played cards a lot on the trip and it was a great distraction on and off the plane!

 We ended the banana war with a picture of a banana peel on Ilene's phone, way too funny!
This is most of our group, so glad I went on this trip. Huge thanks to Mandy for recommending it, to Sheryl for her work, and to all the many new friends I have made!

1 comment:

LeChem Fam said...

Man so many adventures and great pictures! It looks like you had a lot of fun which is good cause you totally deserve it!